Saturday, November 8, 2014

Massage Therapy by Paula Miller


As a Massage Therapist most everyone on my table is in need of neck and back work.  Stress, stress headaches, lower back issues, sciatica are a few of those causes.  But lately I'm hearing of a new nagging problem--Hand, wrist and forearm pain.

People are now more locked into one position in front of a laptop.  The repetition of keyboarding brings overuse of those fine motor skills.  The muscles in our fingers actually originate in the upper forearm.  By massaging these I can help the hand relax.

Besides massage work, I always suggest stretching as much as possible if you can't leave your workstation and be aware of your posture in your chair.  Take breaks and walk around as well.

1 comment:

  1. Nice to read your article! I am looking forward to sharing your adventures and experiences. massagecode.com

    ReplyDelete