Friday, May 30, 2014

Accessibility Summit written by Neil McNerney, M.Ed., LPC


I had the honor of representing The Wellness Connection at the annual Accessibility Summit in McLean, VA this April. When I received the request to talk about my book: Homework - A Parent’s Guide to Helping Out Without Freaking Out, I initially wondered how my techniques would translate to an audience of parents with children who have significant disabilities.
 
How did it go? Fantastic! I was relieved to see that the challenges we all face as parents are universal. We all struggle with keeping our cool, dealing with unmotivated kids, and being the best leader possible. If you are interested in a free chapter of Homework, send me an email at neil.mcnerney@wellnessconnectionllc.com. I would be happy to send it your way.
 
I was very happy to be joined by my coauthor of The Don’t Freak Out Guide to Parenting Kids with Asperger’s. Sharon Fuentes, a local South Riding mom blogger, was a huge hit, bringing tried and tested techniques on increasing school cooperation and student motivation. Sharon has also agreed to begin a parent support group for kids with special needs, particularly those on the autism spectrum. If you are interested in getting your name on the list for this group, give us a call at 703-327-0335.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment